Sunday, November 20, 2016

Slouching towards the the Supreme Court, Screen Australia determined to keep secret evidence of my guilt of the offences I have allegedly committed!

Moving slowly but inexorably to the Supreme Court as the only way in which I can obtain, from Screen Australia, evidence of the offenses that have led to the ban on me – 54 months long so far!

Members of the Screen Australia Board
Screen Australia
Level 7, 45 Jones St
Ultimo 2007  

9th Nov 2016     

Dear Members of the SA board

On 15th June 2016 CEO Graeme Mason informed me that:

“Screen Australia will not respond to repeated FOI requests that you may make in the future in relation to the same information.”

In a nutshell, what I have been requesting for four and a half years, and what has been denied me for four and a half years, is evidence that I intimidated, harassed and placed at risk members of Screen Australia’s staff.

Mr Mason’s assertion that “the information has already been requested and provided to you on other occasions” is simply not true. And you, as members of the board know that it is not true. And if you do not know it is not true, you should know, given that you continue, board meeting after board meeting, to support the ban. And if you do know (I will ask again), could you please provide me with whatever examples Graeme Mason and Fiona Cameron have provided you with in support of the allegations?

The purpose of this letter, however, is not to go over this ground yet again but to request of the board that it overturn Graeme Mason’s ban on my making FOI requests.

In preparation for my legal challenge to the Screen Australia ban on me I wish now to request copies of all correspondence (internal and external) that Screen Australia has on file regarding:

(a) Screen Australia’s decision to inform me, prior to the May 2102 ban, that I would never again be allowed to make an application to SA for CHANTI’S WORLD – a documentary project I have been working on for 21 years now and:

(b) Screen Australia’s refusal, prior to the May 2012 ban, to accept me as a qualified producer – despite my having been producing films for 40 years at the time this refusal was presented to me.

Please note, in relation to these two instances of ‘banning’, prior to May 2012, that I have not previously requested copies of these documents through FOI.

best wishes

James Ricketson

cc Commonwealth Ombudsman
Senator Mitch Fifield
Ms Louise Vardanega
Australian Director’s Guild


No comments:

Post a Comment