Thursday, October 9, 2014

for Maureen Barron re eligibility for experienced filmmakers to apply for funds in accordance with Screen NSW guidelines!


Maureen Barron
Chief Executive
Screen NSW
Level 5, 323 Castlereagh St
Sydney 2001

8th Oct 2014

Dear Maureen

Mark Hamlyn and Kate Stone confirmed for me today that despite my 43 years of experience producing and directing films I am not qualified, in accordance with Screen NSW guidelines, to apply for Early Stage Script Development funds for my thriller series, ANGKOR.

Not even a team composed of myself, as screenwriter, and Ian David as script editor is qualified to apply for script development!

Ian and I have between us 80 years of screenwriting experience and yet you have in place guidelines that preclude us from applying! This beggars belief!

Given that I have been banned by Screen Australia and, effectively, banned by Screen NSW, I will now develop ANGKOR as a non-Australian project for a non-Australian company that is keen on the story I am developing.

Why do you have in place a policy that excludes a writing team such as Ian David and myself? It makes no sense at all.

best wishes

James Ricketson

No comments:

Post a Comment